Melbourne offices: (03) 9330 0759 Yeppoon office: (07) 49 284 771


Melbourne offices: (03) 9330 0759

Yeppoon office: (07) 49 284 771


(03) 8799 2330



Mail Niddrie (head office Victoria)
Shop 5B, Niddrie Arcade
334 Keilor Rd
Niddrie, 3042

Yeppoon (QLD)
Suite 2
30 James Street
(upstairs old Yeppoon Fire Brigade Building)

Suite 11O1
84 Hotham St

St Albans
Suite 3, Level 1
332 Main Road East (corner of Alfrieda St)

Point Cook
Point Cook Health Centre
17 Dunnings Road

813 Doncaster Road



Victims of Crime (VOCAT) Counselling

Psychologists with Healthy Minds are highly experienced in counselling people who have experienced trauma. Many of our psychologists have under taken specialist training in trauma including Cognitive Processing Therapy (CPT).

Healthy Minds psychologists also have extensive experience in liaising with lawyers who under take VOCAT applications on behalf of clients. We understand the processes involved for clients and have an excellent reputation in terms of providing reports and other administrative requirements.

What is VOCAT?

VOCAT is the Victims of Crime Assistance Tribunal. It provides financial assistance to victims of violent crime committed in Victoria. It aims to support victims’ recovery by providing financial assistance for expenses incurred, or reasonably likely to be incurred, as a direct result of the crime. These expenses may include counselling costs, access medical expenses, some safety-related expenses, loss of earnings and some other expenses/special financial award.

Who is eligible to apply for VOCAT?

Children and adults who have been:

  • the victim of a violent crime
  • tried to prevent a crime
  • tried to assist someone they believe is the victim of a violent crime

Children and adults who are present at a violent crime or who are injured because of learning of the crime may also be able to access counselling through VOCAT. They may also be able to access medical expenses and some loss of earnings. The eligibility differs for those under 18 years of age.

Family members/intimate personal relations of a person who has died because of a violent crime can also apply to the tribunal for counselling. They may also be eligible for medical expenses, funeral expenses and some other financial support.

How to apply for VOCAT assistance?

For further information about VOCAT applications:

Helpline: 1800 819 817 (8am – 11pm; 7 days)

If you are applying for VOCAT assistance you may decide to use a legal service to place your application with the tribunal. There should be no out-of-pocket costs for these services as successful applications will have their legal expenses covered by the tribunal. There are several different lawyers/legal firms in Victoria that have extensive experience in assisting people to make a VOCAT application.

Healthy Minds is happy to assist with further information around making an application for VOCAT and arranging an appointment with a psychologist for counselling and/or a VOCAT report.

Phone: (03) 9330 0759

Victims Assistance Program (VAP)

If you have been the victim of a crime in Victoria, you may also be eligible for counselling and support through the Victims Assistance Program in your area.

Please contact the VAP provider in your area (live, work or study) to be assessed for your eligibility.

For more information on VAP please contact:

Northern VAP
Phone: 1300 362 739
Area: Banyule, Darebin, Hume, Moreland, Nillumbik, Whittlesea, Yarra or the Hume region in regional Victoria (Municipalities of Alpine Shire, Benalla Rural City, City of Greater Shepparton, Shire of Indigo, Shire of Mansfield, Shire of Mitchell, Shire of Moira, Shire of Murrindindi, Shire of Strathbogie, Shire of Towong, Rural City of Wangaratta, Rural City of Wodonga).

Western VAP
Phone: (03) 9448 5517
Area: municipalities of Brimbank, Hobsons Bay, Maribyrnong, Melbourne, Melton, Moonee Valley and Wyndham